IP Spiced Chai Tea:
- 8-12 oz water
- 1 Bengal Spice Tea Bag
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (optional)
- 1-4oz ready made Vanilla Drink
- optional 1-2 tsps Walden Farm Marshmallow Dip (order from www.waldenfarms.com) or splash of Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup (available in grocery store)
Heat water. Pour water into a cup with tea bag and cinnamon stick. Steep for 2-4
minutes. Remove tea bag and stir in ready made Vanilla Drink. Serve with cinnamon
stick as a stirrer.
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal:
- 1 IP maple oatmeal mix (dry)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 ½ oz. water
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Walden Farms maple syrup
- In a small bowl, add vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and water to dry oatmeal mix.
- Microwave according to directions on maple oatmeal package.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and Walden Farms maple syrup.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 small zucchini (or yellow summer squash in season), halved lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices (1 cup)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or ½ teaspoon dried basil, crushed)
- ¼ teaspoon fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to hot oil and cook until tender. Stir in vegetables, broth, and basil. Reduce heat to simmer. Add salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove cover and cook 5 additional minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Add onion last, heat to warm them. Add shredded cooked chicken just before serving for a main dish.
*try adding cut up chicken breast for your protein!
NOTE: This has Eggplant and Tomatoes, so you can only have this once a week as both of these vegetables are on the “Occasional Vegetable list”.